Monday, September 19, 2011

SAVED!!!!

It was 3 months after we got married on January 28, 1976. Guy was working at the Orlando Airport Fire Station. One of the other fireman asked him how married life was. He said. "Well, it's not what I thought it would be. There's something missing." Wow! Words that every newly married wife loves to hear. The other fireman's name was Charlie. He told Guy that everyone tries to fill the void in their life with something. But it won't be completely filled until you invite Jesus into your heart to be your Lord and Savior. Then Charlie shared with Guy some verses from Romans in the Bible. He also shared with Guy about something called the rapture. After they talked for a while they both knelt down beside the fire truck and Charlie lead Guy into a prayer of salvation. Guy asked Jesus to forgive him of all sins and come into his heart and be Lord of his life. At that moment Guy went from being a seeker (when he wasn't even seeking) to a believer. Old school way of putting it is he got saved, born again, Holy Spirit living inside of him and going to Heaven when he dies. Not for what he did but for what Jesus did for him on the cross. Charlie then told Guy of a good church to go to in order to learn and grow in his faith and walk with Jesus. Charlie was faithful to share his relationship with Jesus with others. It's not easy to share with co-workers, family and friends.

The next day when I got home from work, like I always do, I asked Guy what happened at work. He said he got saved!!! I thought he was trapped in a fire and someone saved him. Spiritually speaking That's Exactly What Happened!!!! Then he explained what he meant by that. Guy told me everything that Charlie told him. He even had the verses written on his hand that he asked Charlie to write so that he could share them with me when he got home. He also explained to me about the rapture and that it could happen at anytime. No one knows the day or hour that Jesus would return for those that have accepted Him as their Savior. At that moment Guy reminded me we were supposed to go to his families house for dinner. He said we'll talk about this when we get back home. The whole time we were eating dinner I thought Jesus is going to return right now and I would be left eating dinner with his family. I asked him if we could go home right then. As soon as we got home I repeated the same prayer that he had prayed at the fire station. I knew this is what I had been searching for. Jesus now was Lord of our lives and our marriage.
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!  CHARLIE BRACEWELL!!!

THESE ARE THE VERSES THAT CHARLIE WROTE ON GUY'S HAND TO SHARE WITH ME
Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God
Romans 6:23 The wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Jesus Christ our Lord
Romans 10:9 If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord; and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Romans 10:10 For with the heart a person believes; and with the mouth he confesses; resulting in salvation.
Romans 10:13 FOR WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Some refer to that series of verses as "the Roman road" when talking about evangelizm. Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry...can't spell today. evangelism

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a wonderful story! What brought me here was a image search for Orlando Fire Department and I got a very nice story out of this.I have recently started going to church again. I am currently researching OFD and looking for any photos or information from OFD. God Bless~ Marc McCullough

    ReplyDelete