Thursday, September 29, 2011

Growing God's Way

During those same first 5 years of marriage, along with working and playing, we were growing in our faith. The bible says "Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God". We were excited about our new relationship with Jesus. The kind of excitement that you have when you first fall in love and that's all you talk about to everyone you meet. We got baptized and joined the church. Guy and I started attending the Young married Sunday School Class. Today we call it "Life Groups". We developed good friendships with the teachers and other couples in the class that God placed in our life. The kind of friendships that if I needed help I could call these people and they would be there for me after many, many years of not seeing them. And thanks to Facebook I have been able to re-connect with many of them.
During that same time frame, Guy and I experienced a personal loss. I was 5 months pregnant and we were so excited to be having our first baby when the doctor told me that there was no baby. Everything else was developing except the baby. I had never experienced a loss of anyone in my life to this point and knew that I never wanted to feel this way again. I remember wondering why would God even allow me to get pregnant if He knew the baby wasn't going to live. That also was our first experience with Gods Grace and Comfort through family and our church family. I remember that everyday one of the Pastors would visit me in the hospital and pray. Meals and letters were sent to the house. But there was one person that comes to mind the most during that time in my life. I don't even remember what she said, I just remember feeling that everything will be alright. Thank you, Pat and Dwainn Arnett for always being there for us and teaching us through your life example.
During those same first 5 years as I have mentioned in previous blogs that we were busy going after the "American Dream", having vacations, making friends, enjoying our hobbies (Guys hobby was making cars go faster and mine seemed to be getting tickets for going to fast). Just living life. When I started feeling like we were not as close to God as we were before.
I started praying that Guy would get more spiritual. Be careful what you pray for. God might answer your prayer and God did. We started teaching a children's Sunday School Class. Thinking that teaching children would be easy. Those kids were smart!!! They would ask us questions in class that we would have to get back with them next week with the answers. I loved those kids. They helped us to grow in God's Word.
Around about this time I got pregnant again. We were so excited and I wanted to tell everyone but we wanted to be sure that the doctor heard a heartbeat and that everything was good. Because when you put that news out it went as fast as it does now with Facebook and that's pretty fast. Our baby's due date was April 2, 1980. We didn't know what the sex was until he or she was born. While waiting for our baby to be born we were also waiting for our house to be built. We were growing in so many ways.


To be continued........  "In -Retrospect"

No comments:

Post a Comment