Saturday, September 17, 2011

It Didn't Take Long


Awesome Honeymoon!!!!!! We had a cabin in the north Georgia Mountains. The leaves were changing. Well at least that's what we were told by those who went outside. Just kidding! We went out to eat. :)
I was so excited to get back and start our new life together. I am one of those people who likes everyday life. That's where the good stuff happens!! Don't get me wrong, I love to travel and make scrapbook memories but getting back where you love to live is the best!!!!
It didn't take long getting in a normal routine of me working at Disney World as a character in the parade. One of my characters was one of the Seven Dwarfs. Can you guess which one? I'll give you a hint. The only one with a doctorate degree. Doc is right. And Guy got back into his schedule with the fire department. 24 on 48 off.
It took a little getting use to each other and married life. He found out pretty quick that I couldn't cook. So he taught me how to cook chicken. So that's what I cooked every night until he told me he liked other things also. I got the hang of it eventually. On the other hand I found out that his dirty clothes would always end up beside the laundry basket not in the laundry basket. I'm not saying he wasn't a perfect housekeeper but when I used his bathroom before we were married I noticed his towels would stand up by themselves on the floor. Love is blind!!!!  It didn't take long for the little things to take away our joy.
I wanted to be the perfect wife. Girls that I worked with would always talk about their church and being a christian. So one Sunday while Guy was working I decided to go to church. I didn't realize that at the same time I was seeking God, God was seeking us. Next blog will be how we found Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment