Sunday, September 30, 2012

We Needed A Second Opinion

OK, I think it's time for a second opinion. Certainly a doctor from Costa Rica doesn't know what he is talking about. We need to go back to the United States and find a doctor that will hopefully give us better news.
I never thought I would see family and friends so soon after leaving our home in Orlando, Florida to be full time missionaries. We had planned to be gone 4 years before seeing anyone again. Bitter/Sweet!!!!! Happy to see everyone but sad for the reason we were back.
We found a doctor that was familiar with the disease that we were told our son had. He did confirm what the doctor in Costa Rica told us.
Guy and I needed to now make a decision if we should go back to the mission field or should we stay in Orlando. We had been told that there was no cure for this disease. We both felt that if there is nothing that can be done then we should continue with the plans God had prepared us for.
Satan comes to steal, kill and destroy. He wants to knock us down and paralyze us so we won't get back up. But God is Bigger.  I found this song on YouTube that I had heard one Sunday in church. It has always stayed with me and anytime I have gotten discouraged I start singing it to myself.
 I KNOW IT'S OLD and I don't know anyone in this video but close your eyes and listen to the words. When I first heard it I had no idea how many times I would sing this song to myself. I sang it through many tears. It always gave me hope and took my eyes off my situation and put them on God.





No comments:

Post a Comment